- Date: February 20, 2024
- Time: 11:00 – 13:00
- Cost: Member Full Conference (all 3 sessions) – £215, Member day 1 only – £110, Non-member Full Conference (all 3 sessions) – £430, Non-member day 1 only – £220
- Audience: SLT, Heads of Boarding, all boarding and teaching staff
- Platform: Zoom (online)
To accommodate the busy schedules of TIOB members, the TIOB Boarding leadership conference is split into three sessions across three separate dates.
- 20th February-11:00-13:00: Coaching skills
- 12th March-11:00-13:00: Developing, sharing and implementing a vision
- 25th April- 11:00am-13:00: Strategic management of boarding followed by Crisis management case studies.
Should you not be able to attend all three dates, all sessions will be recorded and made available to delegates.
This conference promises to ensure that individuals in boarding can reflect on their performance in a range of spheres within their role. You will be presented with a range of perspectives, support and inspiration from experts in the field. By the end of the conference, you should be able to evaluate and develop a strategic plan allowing you to be more effective and focused in your role.
This interactive seminar will provide delegates with the foundational skills they need to have coaching conversations. The seminar will explore the potential of applying coaching skills in conversations, some of which may be sensitive. This session is not aimed at those who are already advanced coaches but at those who are new to coaching or whose understanding of it is developing.
Training topics will include:
- What coaching is, and what it is not
- Identifying when a coaching conversation is needed/helpful
- Navigating challenging conversations
- Facilitating reflective practices in coaching conversations.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how coaching can support relationships in boarding
- Promote a culture of self-reflection and empowerment in the boarding community
- Foster positive and effective communication with coaching skills.