St Andrew’s College are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, qualified, experience and dedicated Deputy Head / Head (Pastoral and Boarding) in central Cambridge. The individual will join a happy and committed team, supporting the Principal / Head in the effective day-to-day running of the college’s boarding, Home Stay (if applicable) and pastoral care departments. They will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team and be in a place to engage with and participate in the strategy of the college. He or she will be directly responsible to the Principal / Head. You will be joining an incredible team in this growing, international school located in the heart of Cambridge. The Deputy Head / Head of Boarding and Pastoral Care is of central importance to the College and its onward success. The post-holder will be tasked with overseeing all aspects of student safeguarding and welfare at the college alongside being a leading and visible member of the college community, supporting the Principal / Head in setting the tone throughout the college on areas such as manners, presentation, and behaviour.
The person appointed will have:
- Experience of managing in a boarding school environment
- Experience/knowledge of National minimum standards
- Experience of using MIS systems (iSAMS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, Reach, and CPOMS (desirable – but training will be provided)
- The ability to ensure safeguarding logs are completed and maintained weekly and distributed accordingly
- Undertaken Boarding Schools Association Training (desirable)
- Experience in child protection and safeguarding
- An ability to work in high intensity, demanding environment
- Be sympathetic to worried students
- Be flexible in all matters.
The College is a valued members of Dukes Education which means we offer an extensive CPD package including both in house and external training. We are committed to providing on safeguarding training.
This permanent position is offered on a full-time basis with a potential start date of September 2023 or January 2024.
This post will include the occasional working of weekends and evening work and will include half-terms.
72K salary package will be offered which will include accommodation.
Email: email@example.com for further details or to arrange a visit.
St Andrews college is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.