Port Regis is one of the country’s leading co-educational day and boarding schools for children aged two to
thirteen. A school in which tradition and innovation have gone hand in hand for more than a century, we
provide a thoughtful, rounded education that enables children to thrive. This education goes well beyond
our beautiful buildings and outstanding facilities – it is rooted in our culture and values.
We are seeking to appoint a Sports Centre Administrator who will be responsible for the administration
involved in our gymnastics and swimming programmes for Port Regis and other children (local schools,
Waterbabies classes, toddler and squad/rec gym groups etc).
This role is 40 hours a week during term time and 24 hours a week during school holidays, and could be
job-shared between candidates wishing to work part-time. Please specify your preferred working hours in
your covering letter.
Accommodation on site can also be provided if desired by the successful candidate.
Remuneration and Benefits
The successful candidates can expect:
• World class sports facilities.
• Competitive rates of pay, pension and holiday benefits.
• An employee assistance programme with extensive support in relation to wellbeing and wellness,
finance and legal, work and personal issues, as well as a wide range of rewards and discounts.
• Complimentary use of the School’s staff gym and Sports Centre.
• Delicious meals in our Dining Hall during term time.
• To join a delightful team and exceptional working environment.
Sports Centre Manager.
• Providing a warm, friendly and helpful ‘front of house’ role to all Sports Centre users.
• Dealing with all Sports Centre telephone calls and email correspondence.
• Supporting the Head of Gym and Head of Swimming with any timetabling or other administration.
• Generating parent invoices on Class Manager and dealing with any queries, refunds etc.
• Assisting with the marketing of the Sports Centre – social media posts etc.
• Assisting the Bursary as required, providing any necessary Sports Centre financial information e.g.
breakdowns of income received etc.
• Assisting the Director of Sport with administration where required e.g. team photographs,
mouthguard fittings, medical cover for sports fixtures etc.
Key responsibilities – pastoral
• All staff are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times and to support and
foster the vision and values of the School.
• Comply with statutory requirements for example the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Data
Protection Act and School policies and procedures in this regard.
• Safeguarding and compliance with our Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy and procedures.
• Maintain positive and effective communication with all members of the Port Regis community
including pupils, staff, parents and Old Port Regians (OPRs); external users; the local community;
and outside agencies.
• Ensure the reflection of Port Regis’ values in all communications.
• Adhere to the school’s policies as contained in the Staff Handbook.
• Undertake other such duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
• A commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
• Passion for gymnastics and swimming and the benefits for all children.
• Motivated to work with young people, able to form and maintain appropriate rapport and emotional
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate effectively with
children, parents and colleagues.
• Excellent IT, administration, organisational and time management skills.
• IT proficient, with experience of MS Office and social media platforms.
• The ability to work under pressure, to prioritise and manage a varied workload with accuracy and to
ensure deadlines are met.
• Self-motivated and proactive, with the proven ability to work independently, and take responsibility
• A strong team player.
• Be willing to ‘go the extra mile’ and be flexible around the needs of the Sports Centre.
• A kind, caring and cheerful nature.
• Experience of, and proficient with, using Class Manager.
• Proven experience of working in a similar role and school setting.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Port Regis is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse
range of suitably qualified candidates, including candidates wishing to work flexibly and requiring
If you feel you can meet the requirements of the post, I would be delighted to hear from you. Please complete
the application form linked with this advert and send it, along with a covering letter, to our HR Manager,
Mrs Geraldine White at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via post to Port Regis, Motcombe Park, Shaftesbury, Dorset
SP7 9QA at your earliest convenience and to arrive as soon as possible. We are not specifying a closing
date for this role and will seek to interview and recruit suitable candidates as soon as possible
following receipt of their application. Please contact the HR Manager (01747 857 802) with any queries
about the role. Please read the Explanatory Notes and Child Protection Policy in conjunction with your
Note: The post-holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young
persons, for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and
ensure compliance with the school’s Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy at all times. If, in the course
of carrying out the role, the post-holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or
welfare of children in the school, they must report any concerns to the school’s Designated Safeguarding
Lead or to the Headmaster.