Due to the growing numbers of boarders, we are looking for additional House Parent to join our Boarding House.
- Effectively manages the floor ensuring
- Cooperation between boarders and staff.
- A clean, tidy and respectable environment is maintained.
- Rules, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains own standard of dress in accordance with the Boarding House policies.
- Effectively attends to administration tasks.
- Works positively with a team, including effective communication, maintaining
professionalism and demonstrating cooperation in attaining team goals.
- Models appropriate behaviour, attitude and values.
- Displays a positive approach to the boarding ethos.
- Displays respect and tolerance for the diverse boarding community.
- Maintains a position of trust with boarders.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to ensure the well-being of boarders.
Boarder Behaviour Management
- Maintains a positive personal relationship with boarders.
- Develops and communicates fair and appropriate boundaries for boarders.
- Develops and implements logical and effective consequences for poor behaviour
- Recognizes and manages appropriate standards with ongoing behaviour issues.
- Maintains records and documentation regarding boarder behaviour.
Boarder Personal Development
- Monitors and encouragesthe personal and social development of individual boarders.
- Encourages a positive individual approach to healthy habits and social values.
- Encourages and develops responsibility and leadership.
- Encourages and maintains a positive environment for learning.
- Monitors and reports on the academic progress of boarders.
- Follows up on concerns about individual boarder’s academic performance and
documents as appropriate.
- Assists boarders to develop their individual academic needs and vocational plans.
Communication And Liaison
- Keeps parents informed and seeks to involve them where possible.
- Liaises closely with senior staff regarding boarder concerns.
- Maintains a practice of prompt and positive communication with teachers regarding
concerns of boarders.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with boarders.
- Essential experience working with young people, or appropriate training and
commitment to work with young people is required.
- Ability to lead and supervise the care of young people in a residential setting
contributing to their social, emotional, educational and physical development.
- Commitment to working cooperatively with parents in the care and well-being of the
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- A high standard of written skills.
- Ability to problem solves, use initiative and be flexible.
- Senior First Aid
- Those with Teaching qualification or Nursing qualification are encouraged to apply.
Established in 2008, NEXUS INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL MALAYSIA prides itself on its exclusive learning environment and is the first school in Malaysia to have a specific focus on personalization of learning. Nexus International School Malaysia focuses on interconnectivity, respect and internationalism. Together with state-of-the-art ICT facilities, our students learn through international curricula that take the classroom beyond the traditional four walls. Backed by over 60 years of educational experience, students are given the foundation to become the world citizens of tomorrow.
Catering for students from pre-school to Year 13, the school offers the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), IGCSE and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programmes. The Putrajaya campus provides state-of-the-art boarding facilities with a comprehensive pastoral care. ICT is fully integrated into the global curriculum to facilitate learning at all levels in the school, in preparing learners to become global citizens of the 21st century.