We are looking for a suitably qualified, inspirational English Teacher who cares passionately about their subject and the development of the children in their care.
The successful candidate will be an excellent class-room teacher who is capable of giving effective and inspiring direction to their pupils. Applicants should be able to teach across KS2 and KS3. Experience of teaching Common Entrance is welcome, but not essential.
The successful candidate will also be involved in supporting our exciting co-curricular activities. The ability to coach games would be an advantage.
- Taking full responsibility for the planning, preparation and teaching of lessons throughout each week.
- Responsibilities of a Form Tutor, depending on contract.
- Ensuring the classroom is fully organised and prepared prior to a new term starting and at the end of each term.
- Writing reports and record-keeping (academic and non-academic).
- Providing cover in lessons or for other duties for absent colleagues.
- Communicating effectively with the Head and colleagues.
- Full attendance and participation in staff meetings, staff events, parents’ evenings and other events and occasions as organised by the school from time to time.
- Such pastoral duties as may be assigned to you by the Head.
- Supervising meals.
- Taking an activity after School at least once per week.
- Being part of the Day Duty Rota as the Duty Rota requires.
- Taking Sunday duties (11.00-17.30) as regularly as the Sunday Duty rota requires and helping to prepare the Activities programme for these Sundays.
- Being attached to one of the three Houses and promoting and supporting the House system.
- Experience of teaching KS2 and KS3 English (essential)
- Experience of teaching Common Entrance (desirable)
- Be a strong academic with a thorough knowledge of the KS2 and KS3 English curriculum and the ability to deliver it
- To be prepared to teach up to KS2 in other subject areas
- Be an excellent classroom teacher with the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
- Be an excellent communicator, able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of how to ensure the highest possible outcomes for pupils in their subject, whilst not diminishing their love and enjoyment of their learning
- Be resilient under pressure
- Show a strong commitment to promoting the well-being of pupils
- Work collaboratively with colleagues
- Be able to demonstrate a keen awareness of current educational and subject relevant issues
- Fully understand the commitment required of all staff in a busy school and participate fully in the wider life of the school according to their talents and interests
- Support school events, performances, and other occasions positively
- Have the ability to coach games (desirable)
The successful candidate’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact, will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and Procedures at all times. If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risk to the safety or welfare of children in the school they must report to the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead and to the Head.
Pay and Conditions
An attractive salary will be determined in accordance with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Full details of the post and an Application Form can be downloaded from the School Website https://highfieldandbrookham.co.uk/about/careers
A Letter of Application and a completed Application Form, including the names and addresses of two referees, should be sent to: HR Manager, Highfield School, Highfield Lane, Liphook, Hampshire GU30 7LQ.
Email applications should be sent to email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 6th January
Interviews will be held as soon as suitable candidates are available, so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Safer Recruitment: We are an I.A.P.S. co-educational Boarding and Day Pre-Prep and Prep School for approximately 500 pupils aged 2 to 13. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants are expected to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers, the Employer Online Service regarding prohibition orders issued by the Secretary of State and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Highfield and Brookham Schools are an Equal Opportunities Employer.