A-Level or equivalent (Required)
UK tutoring/teaching: 1 year (Required)
Excellent English (Required)
SEN: 1 year (Preferred)
Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Enhanced DBS (Child Workforce) (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Urgently seeking GCSE tutors – English, Maths, Science & History for in-person tutoring
Bright Heart is an award-winning London-based tuition agency – we won the Tuition Business of the Year award in the 2022 National Tutoring Awards. We are also an accredited National Tutoring Programme (NTP) Tuition Partner.
We offer a more nurturing approach and help students with special educational needs (SEN) and those lacking confidence or motivation. Our heart-based approach – the ‘Bright Heart Approach’ – involves meeting the whole person from their unique perspective with warmth to build trust, self-esteem and self-belief, before building on academic abilities.
Bright Heart Education’s tuition agency (an employment business) urgently seeks experienced GCSE Tutors to cover English, Maths, Science and History (can be more than one tutor to cover different subjects). You must have excellent written and spoken English and be adept at building rapport with a student with ASC, ADHD and PDA. You should have experience working with students with ASC and ADHD. You must be able to provide in-person tutoring in the Ash Vale area of Surrey (Guildford) – preference for during the school day.
In addition to this role, we can offer further tutoring roles if you wish for additional tutoring hours.
This tuition will be delivered at home with a parent present. Successful candidates will be provided with further information about the student and guidelines on the Bright Heart Approach and relevant training for working with students with SEN.
Key qualities we look for in our tutors include:
- Passion for teaching your subject(s) of expertise
- Ability to provide engaging and informative lessons that motivate students
- An ability to build rapport with students
- Ability to create bespoke lessons according to the student’s needs
- Caring, patient and empathetic
- Professional and diligent
Benefits of the role
You will be working as a self-employed, part-time tutor, so you can choose which clients/students you wish to provide tuition to (in addition to this specific role). Bright Heart provides its tutors with opportunities for professional development.
In addition, Bright Heart offers the right candidate:
- Competitive remuneration to attract high-quality candidates
- A tutor incentive scheme
- A £4 per journey travel contribution (in addition to the advertised pay rate)
- A respectful working environment for tutors
- On-going training
- Company events / networking opportunities
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK and must have a current Enhanced DBS certificate before commencing any tutoring assignments (we can apply on behalf of a candidate if not currently held). Candidates will also be required to provide us with 2 professional references plus a parent reference. Please review the safer recruitment policy on our website for further details.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Strong subject knowledge to teach at GSCE level
- Passion for teaching and their tuition subjects
- SEN tuition/teaching experience and a passion for working with students with SEN
- At least 12 months of relevant tutoring and/or teaching experience in the UK
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s degree or studying towards one with A-levels completed
Applying to Bright Heart
Please attach your CV and include a * cover letter * outlining your teaching and tuition experience, SEN experience and your motivation for applying to us, as well as your availability and motivation for applying for the role. Please note, applications with a cover letter will be given preference.
Should we wish to progress your application, we will contact you for a brief screening call, with potential next steps being pre-interview checks and an interview with one of our directors.
Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 2 – 10 per week
Salary: £26.50-£55.00 per hour
- Company events
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
- Which GCSE subjects can you offer?
- Are you available to provide in-person tuition in Ash Vale, Surrey?
- A-Level or equivalent (required)
- SEN: 1 year (preferred)
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- UK tutoring/teaching: 1 year (required)
- excellent English (required)
- Enhanced DBS (Child Workforce) (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 30/04/2023