Salary: £40,863 PA
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract – 18 months
Job Contact: Cecilie IllumWe have an incredible opportunity to join us here at Phoenix Group as a Head of Governance & Board Support to join our Company Secretariat team on a fixed term contract for 18 months.
Who are we?
We want to be the best place that any of our colleagues have ever worked.We are the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business with c.13 million customers and c.£300 billion of assets under administration. As a market leader and FTSE100 organisation, we understand that our scale and expertise means that we have a key role to play for our customers, colleagues and our communities to help as many people as possible secure a life of possibilities. We are tackling key environmental and social issues such as transitioning our portfolio to net zero by 2050 – but we’re not done yet.We’ve seen huge growth and change, and this means there is enormous opportunity for our 7,000 colleagues to grow alongside us.
You can expect to work in a hybrid manner with time spent working in the office and at home. We believe that work/life balance offers benefits for customers as well as ensuring that you can balance a successful career with your life outside of work. We will discuss flexibility, what is important to you and balancing this with business requirements during the recruitment process.We want to hire the whole version of you.We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
We want to hire the whole version of you.
We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels accepted and safe at work, and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is valued at Phoenix regardless of age, gender identity, neurodiversity, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background or anything else. Whether it’s joining one of our internal employee networks, being an ally, taking positive action or simply being there to listen, everyone at Phoenix is valued and respected.
If you need any help or adjustments to the recruitment process due to health, disability or anything else, please let us know so we can help you to be the best version of yourself.
- Leading, driving and delivering the strategy of the Company Secretariat function in delivery of a consistent and efficient governance practice.
- Ensuring Board support is delivered across the teams of Secretaries to Boards and Committees.
- Supporting the Group Company Secretary in delivery of Insurance cover for the Group.
- Acting as a figure head for the function, offering guidance and support to the wider business on what good governance looks like, sharing best practice and helping business units to simplify decision making.
- Supporting the delivery of the Group’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime, working with our HR and Regulatory Compliance teams in relation to Non-Executive Director enquiries and regulatory applications.
- Deliver key governance support activities to the Life and Group company secretary teams
- Implement, manage and drive the strategy around the Corporate Governance framework
- Identify and lead on opportunities to promote the Company Secretary team across the organisation and external market
- Support the Group Board Sustainability Committee and the champion for Sustainability matters for the Company Secretariat
- Manage all subsidiary statutory compliance
- Manage and lead on Company Secretariat risk policies and risk agenda across the Company Secretariat team
- Manage and develop a team of Assistant Company Secretaries, Senior Company Secretariat Assistants and Board & Company Secretariat Assistants
- Responsible for delivery of Board Support to all Assistant Company Secretaries, Deputy Company Secretaries and Group Company Secretary.
- Support the Group Company Secretary in the delivery of Insurance management for the Group
- Support the General Counsel Continuous Improvement agenda
- Compliance with Wates Principles for subsidiaries and production of S172 statements
- Producing regulatory applications and supporting documentation in conjunction with the Compliance team
- Provide support to the Corporate company secretariat team and deputise for Deputy Company Secretary where required
What are we looking for?
- Qualified governance or company secretariat professional
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Financial Services or highly regulated industry experience
- Management experience
Why choose us?
Bring your ‘whole self’, skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we’ll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We’ll ensure you’re rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Click here to apply.