The Governors of Cranleigh School seek a new Head to succeed Martin Reader who steps down in August 2024 after ten years of distinguished service to Cranleigh.
Founded in 1865, and situated in 280 acres of stunning Surrey countryside, Cranleigh is a very successful, co-educational boarding and day school, accommodating close to 700 girls and boys on an extensive and very well equipped campus. The education the School provides is holistic and broad-based, with high academic standards, as evidenced in the recent excellent ISI report, running in parallel with a rich and varied co-curricular programme. With all members of the teaching staff living on site, there is a vibrant and tangible sense of community in the School. The quality of the pastoral care is excellent and is built around a strong and inclusive boarding ethos, with pupils known and celebrated as individuals.
Traditionally a local boarding school, Cranleigh is increasingly outward looking. The mission of the School is to create a dynamic environment in which to prepare pupils as global citizens, embracing the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion, and ready for life beyond the school gates. This perspective is encouraged by involvement in the extended Cranleigh family of schools that, in addition to the neighbouring Cranleigh Preparatory School, includes three international schools: Cranleigh Abu Dhabi, opened in 2014, and two schools in China.
The Governors are seeking a Head who is a strategic thinker, who has a clear vision and sense of purpose, and who will build on the strengths of the School and continue its upwards and outwards trajectory. The successful candidate will be a current Head or an experienced Deputy Head, a strong and skilled leader who engages with all members of the school community. A commitment to the boarding ethos of the School is essential.
The candidate brief provides further information about the School, the role and the person specification. For further information and details of how to apply, please visit the website for RS Academics.
Potential applicants who would like to find out more about this exceptional opportunity should contact one of the RSAcademics team working on this project
- Helen Flower, Search Consultant: email@example.com
- Michael Stephens, Head of Senior School Search: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Spens, Senior Advisor: email@example.com
- Claire Oulton, Head of Leadership Appointments UK: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications will be 10.00am on Monday 22nd May 2023.
- Cranleigh School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.
- The safeguarding responsibilities of the role are indicated in the candidate information.
- RSAcademics is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to promoting diversity and inclusion in schools.
For more information on how to apply, please click here.