Following the announcement by our current Headteacher of his retirement at the end current academic year, the Governing Body wishes to appoint an energetic, inspirational, and passionate Headteacher. The successful candidate will work in partnership with our dedicated and caring staff, supportive governing body and happy, motivated and receptive children and families from September 2023.
We would love to receive applications from current inspirational Headteachers or aspirational, experienced Senior Leaders who are seeking to step up to a headship position who will relish the opportunity to lead Robertswood into the future.
Term time only
Salary Type: Leadership
Salary details: L18-L24 £65,310-£75,466 pending pay review
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 21/11/2022 09:30
Interviews to be held: Wed 30th Nov 2022 & Thurs 1st Dec 2022
Robertswood School is situated in the village of Chalfont St Peter in the beautiful Chilterns. Robertswood is a large two form entry primary school with its own thriving nursery. At the heart of the Robertswood ethos is a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion that rests on a commitment of respect and trust between staff, pupils and families.
Robertswood School can offer:
- A committed, supportive and proactive governing body with a strategic vision for the school
- A safe and welcoming school where everyone feels secure and empowered to meet their full potential
- An active fundraising and inclusive community across our PTA, Robertswood Rangers and Pantomime groups
- Happy, well-behaved and motivated pupils
- Passionate and hardworking staff.
About The Role
The headteacher will:
- Establish and sustain the school’s ethos and strategic direction together with the governing board and through consultation with the school community
- Maintain a positive partnership between all members of the school and the wider community and ensure that the school has an open and inclusive ethos.
- Establish and oversee systems, processes and policies so the school can operate effectively and efficiently.
- Identify barriers to school effectiveness, and develop strategies for school improvement that are realistic, timely and suited to the school’s context
- Make sure these school improvement strategies are effectively implemented in a timely manner.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the school’s aims and objectives
- Allocate financial resources appropriately, efficiently and effectively.
The successful candidate will commit to, and further develop, our strategic vision for the school to provide an outstanding education within a secure and happy environment, where each pupil is valued and equipped with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding to become caring, confident and successful individuals.
We encourage you to get in touch with any questions. Visits to the school are welcome by prior arrangement. To arrange a visit please contact Sarah Monger on 01753 888327.
Please visit www.robertswoodschool.co.uk/join-robertswood for more information about this exciting opportunity.
How to apply: Complete the Bucks Application form and send to [email protected] by 9.30am on Monday 21st November.
Robertswood is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff, volunteers and governors to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS and qualifications check will be carried out upon appointment including receipt of satisfactory references.
Click here to apply.