When on shift you will live in the accommodation provided for the better performance of your duties. You may choose to do so when not on shift.
You will be directly responsible to the Head of Boarding. You will work within the framework set by and under the general direction of the Principal.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
As a member of the Boarding team, you should carry out your role to support the needs of the students you work with and the College in general.
• Wake every student in the morning for breakfast and morning registration and inspect student bedrooms, filling in appropriate paperwork
• Monitor the students’ welfare and behaviour and report any problems in the residence to the Head of Welfare & Head of Boarding
• Supervise students’ Prep hour in the evenings and Supervised Study at the weekends
• Report student illness promptly to the Health centre in the mornings. If emergency attention is required, to use the emergency number or call an Ambulance
• Ensure the smooth running of the boarding house generally in accordance to the student handbook to maintain a friendly, welcoming and happy environment
• At weekends, to help the domestic team with maintaining general cleanliness and tidiness in the boarding house
• Reporting any maintenance issues through the college system
• Assist with laundry requirements of the students
• Issue keys/cards as residence requires
• To ensure a visible presence in and around the premises of the boarding house at all times when on duty
• Ensure curfew times are kept; filling in associated paperwork as requested and reporting issues of lateness
• Help with student arrivals, student induction and departures when required
• Attend termly induction and regular staff meetings
• Arrange regular meetings with the students
• Liaise with Programme Directors and Heads of Department as requested
• During the period of Summer School, to undertake supervision of activities and assist with trips as directed by the Head of Boarding/Deputy Head of Boarding
As part of your wider role within the College, you will also:
• Follow the guidelines of the staff handbook
• Support the College and its leadership
• Continue personal development as agreed
• Engage actively in the performance review process
• Comply with any reasonable request from the Principal or Head of School to undertake work not specified in this job description
• To be courteous to colleagues and parents and to provide a welcoming environment for all visitors to the College
You will maintain standards of ethics and behaviour in and out of college.
In particular, you will:
• Treat students with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect;
• Have regard for the need to safeguard students’ well-being;
• Show tolerance of and respect for the rights of others;
• Maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality;
• Help to create and maintain a safe working environment for everyone;
• Understand and act within the relevant College, national and statutory frameworks;
• Develop and maintain a full understanding of current child protection procedures.
What we can offer you
Further Professional Development via Linked In Learning
Free Meals while on Duty
Cycle to Work Scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Health Cash Plan
Long Service Award 1 extra day for each years service
Referral Scheme – like it here, tell you friends if they join you get £350
Click here to apply.