Worthgate School is advertising an exciting opportunity for candidates who are interested in shaping the next generation of young people and in supporting them to become agents of change.
House Parents at Worthgate school have a truly unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our young people. The House Parent role is central to the positive social and personal development of students. House Parents look after the wellbeing and welfare of our students once the school’s day is over. The role is busy and varied and will involve taking part in external trips and running events, You will be instrumental in helping students to forge valuable friendships and encouraging them to take part in the activity schedule, that makes Worthgate a home form home. As part of the Boarding team, House Parents create and work in a close-nit community where each member of the team is valued for their contribution to the life of the school and the students.
Worthgate School offers an outstanding international education experience to students aged 13+ from all over the world. Worthgate students live and study in the beautiful Victorian Canterbury campus, studying for GCSEs, A levels, IB and University Foundation Programmes, and preparing for admission to universities across the country and internationally.
The current vacancy is for a non residential house parent, this will be working on a two week rolling rota basis, including evenings and two weekends out of four.
A successful candidate will be expected to work under the direction of the Head of Boarding, Deputy Head of Boarding and/or Boarding Team Lead, as necessary. As a House Parent you will be a key role model and work for the positive development of their pastoral needs in the Boarding House, providing high quality care to our students.
What We Offer You
- CPD – When joining Worthgate, you will be trained as a professional boarding practitioner from the moment you join through a wide range of accredited courses starting from “Introduction to Boarding” to full professional qualifications from the Boarding School Associations. We are committed to all staff professional development and there are many opportunities for progression within the school and the wider CATS Global Schools group.
- Wage stream – Instant access to your wages and a financial coaching facility
- Free meals when on duty
- Access to the employee assistance programme with Health Assured – includes free counselling service, advice for legal matter, lifestyle, debt, relationships and many more
- A comprehensive training package (including accredited BSA courses)
- Long Service Award
- Income Protection Policy
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tusker Car purchasing scheme
- Techscheme- salary sacrifice
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- To share in all aspects of |school life, not just those relating to your house.
- To secure high standards of pastoral care in all areas and take pride and ownership of Boarding Houses.
- To ensure that practices improve the quality of care provided, meet the needs and aspirations of students and raise their standards of achievement.
- To understand how our pastoral care contributes to the school’s priorities and overall education and achievement of our students.
- To familiarise yourself with and have regard for the school mission statement and the school boarding principles and practices, always.
- To be familiar with and work in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the school and residential facilities. The school’s Child Protection, staff Code of Conduct, student behaviour and anti-bullying policies.
- Proactive – able to think on your feet
- Is energetic and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator
- A desire to work with young people and make a difference in their lives
- Committed to providing a first-class boarding service to our students.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills
- Has confidence and respect of peers and superiors.
- Creates an open and supportive team climate.
ABOUT CATS Global Schools
In the context of international education, the name CATS is known and loved by generations of learners and is synonymous with excellence. Originally, CATS was an acronym for Cambridge Arts, Technology and Science, representing the focus of the founding colleges based in the city. However, today, CATS Colleges, is much broader, it brings together a number of schools in four countries (UK, US, Canada and China). Its portfolio includes independent boarding schools, an Arts University College, English language schools and a variety of summer schools all with the common purpose of “inspiring the next generation of world shapers.”
OUR COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
We are committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging. Building on our core values – Pioneering, Persevering, People – we pledge to deliver a series of events, guest speakers and focus groups to make CATS Global Schools an employer of choice for all.
CATS Global Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare or our students and expect everyone connected with the organisation to share this commitment. All positions are subject to safer recruitment pre-employment checks in line with KCSIE guidelines
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,939.20 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Employee mentoring programme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Free flu jabs
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus scheme
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 03/04/2023
Click here to apply.