ABOUT THE WORTHGATE SCHOOL
The Worthgate School offers an outstanding international pre-university educational experience to students aged 13+ from all over the world. Worthgate School students live and work in the beautiful Victorian campus, studying for GCSEs, A levels and University Foundation Programmes, and preparing for admission to universities across the country and elsewhere. We pride ourselves on our approach to teaching and learning, with small class sizes and an informal atmosphere ensuring that students are treated as individuals and build great relationships with staff.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
In the capacity of a Part-Time Houseparent, you will assume a pivotal role in safeguarding the welfare and security of our international students during the evening hours. Your responsibilities encompass acting as a mentor, providing guidance, and establishing a supportive framework for these students, nurturing an atmosphere conducive to personal development, cultural interchange, and a profound sense of belonging.
Hours will be Monday – Thursday 6pm – 11:30pm, totalling 22 hours per week.
You will be directly responsible to one of the Boarding Team Leads. You will work within the framework set by and under the general direction of the Assistant Principal Boarding & Welfare and The Deputy Head of Boarding.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
-To share in all aspects of |school life, not just those relating to your house.
– To secure high standards of pastoral care in all areas and take pride and ownership of Boarding Houses.
– To ensure that practices improve the quality of care provided, meet the needs and aspirations of students and raise their standards of achievement.
– To understand how our pastoral care contributes to the school’s priorities and overall education and achievement of our students.
-To familiarise yourself with and have regard for the school mission statement and the school boarding principles and practices, always.
-To be familiar with and work in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the school and residential facilities. The school’s Child Protection, staff Code of Conduct, student behaviour and anti-bullying policies.
- Proactive – able to think on your feet
- Is energetic and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communicator
- A desire to work with young people and make a difference in their lives
- Committed to providing a first-class boarding service to our students.
- Demonstrates good critical thinking skills
- Has confidence and respect of peers and superiors.
- Creates an open and supportive team climate
ABOUT CATS GLOBAL SCHOOLS
CATS Global Schools is a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide programmes including A Level, IB and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to a growing number of international students seeking to win places at UK universities.
We operate a number of different educational brands in Cambridge, Canterbury and London; CATS Academy in Boston; Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) and Stafford House English language schools and study holidays. We benefit from being part of a global team focused on teaching and learning.
CATS Global Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect everyone connected with the organisation to share this commitment. All positions are subject to the satisfactory completion of safer recruitment pre-employment checks in line with KCSIE guidelines. All shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a criminal declaration form prior to interview and be subject to online checks which may include social media.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date. Therefore, we encourage early applications.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £12,489.60 per year
Expected hours: 20 per week
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Enhanced paternity leave
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Canterbury: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: 1041
Source – Houseparent Jobs – 2023 | Indeed.com