Masterclass Education are pleased to be hiring for a Live-In House Parent for a prestigious, high performing Independent Boarding school set out in the beautiful countryside of York. With substantial facilities from a private swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, gym and countless grass/3G pitches, along with an on-site activity centre, you won’t be caught short of things to do in your free time with 2 days off per week to be spent on- or off- site.
Job Title: House Parent
Permanent/Fixed Term: Permanent
Hours: 47.5 hours per week on a rota system, with 2 days off per week (term time only position)
In this outstanding school, staff work as one team – whether they are directly teaching or supporting students as part of the school and pastoral teams, or as part of their estates team making sure that the campus works as it should – to create a vibrant learning and living environment in which every student can thrive. They aspire to excellence, have high expectations of themselves and others, and take pride in everything they do. They aim to nurture resilient, confident, and independent lifelong learners.
We are searching for a Live-in House Parent who will report to the Senior House Parent, to help in developing a House that both students and staff are proud to be part of. To provide a cohesive structure in all aspects of day to day running of a Boarding House. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the school need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed in this job description.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- To be responsible, in conjunction with other House Parents, for the care, supervision, cleanliness and presentation of students in the House
- To provide a sympathetic presence in the House; to liaise closely with House and other staff concerning the progress and welfare of students
- To be fully conversant with the Collegiate policies as they apply to the Houses and to operate in line with those policies
- To have a clear understanding of the statement of national minimum standards for boarding schools (NMS)
- Build positive, professional relationships with parents, agents and guardians
- Understand the Collegiate requirements for professional communication
- Provide relevant staff with information about individual students as necessary
- Liaise with the Boarding/Assistant Management Teams regarding training needs, either your own or other staff members
- Supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of Collegiate activities as required
- Attend a range of assemblies
The Appointed Candidate will have:
- Educated to a GCSE level including English and Mathematics
- Experience of working in a boarding house within an educational setting
- Experience of working with young people up to the age of 18
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
- Ability to carry out instructions safely and carefully
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with other staff and students
- Ability to work with initiative and without direct supervision when required
- Knowledge of Child Protection/Safeguarding
- Knowledge of Special Educational Needs (Desirable)
- Motivation to work with children and young people
- A sense of humour!
- Competitive salaries, with a range of flexible hours to suit
- 10% discount on Kindergarten fees (aged 3 months to 3 years
- 25% discount on all summer / holiday courses.
- Significant discount on school fees from age 3 to 18.
- Free private staff gym, separate to the students with state of the art equipment.
- Free, secure onsite parking
- Free flu jabs offered through our medical centre
- Staff community social events including bonfire and fireworks, Christmas ball, summer family fun day etc.
- 24/7 Employee Assistant Programme
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Increased holiday entitlement for staff with long service
- Long service awards
- Discount on within school productions – external events
- Enhanced paternity / maternity pay, including new baby book
- Refer a friend scheme – We believe that staff are our greatest and most valuable asset, and this scheme involves and financially rewards our staff for referring like-minded candidates who join our school community.
Our focus at Masterclass is, and always will be, on helping education professionals find their dream position in a school where they will be able to truly excel. We are always happy to support ECTs and encourage applications from all Teachers and TAs of every experience and scale.
Masterclass Education work exclusively with a large amount of Primary, Secondary and SEN schools across the area who look for MCE staff to be with them on daily cover, short-, long-term and permanent contracts. Masterclasses are a part of the REC and Crown Commercial Service, offering the most valued and trusted service.
How to Apply: If this sounds like the role for you, please click the apply link or contact the Masterclass Education Yorkshire office. We look forward to your application or any questions you may have!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,814.00 per year
- Company events
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Transport links
- Will you be able to live on-site for this role during term time?
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 01/08/2023
Click here to apply.