The role of a Weekend Boarding Coordinator is to work as part of the Boarding Team to ensure weekend operations and strategic goals of the boarding houses are met.
Weekend Boarding Coordinators provide outstanding pastoral care and support, as well as appropriate supervision in the general routine of boarding students. You will play an important role in creating a warm, friendly, homely environment for our boarding students, which encourages full involvement in academic and extra curricular programs within Swiss International Scientific School and the boarding community. This is a part time weekend role from Friday to Sunday inclusive.
The Weekend Boarding Coordinator will work under the direction of the Head of Boarding who is responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Boarding Houses, its students, and staff. Weekend Boarding Coordinator’s duties involve general supervision of the Boarding Houses, organization of weekend activities and coordination of weekend trips from Friday to Sunday inclusive.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This not an exhaustive list of all duties/responsibilities. The responsibilities outlined may be modified by the Head of Boarding, upon mutual agreement, to reflect or anticipate changes in the role:
• Work in partnership with boarding students and boarding staff to ensure the pastoral care needs of all boarding students are met
• Continuously checks roll, being certain of the location of all students
• Oversee room tidiness, including communal areas with the boarding houses.
• Supervise prep, meals, and bedtimes within the Boarding Houses
• Following end of day checks for the Boarding Houses each night
• Participate and supervise students with Friday and weekend activities and outings
• Contribute to the development of activities which enhance the Boarders’ program
• Oversee departure and return of students on weekend leave with offsite permission
• Makes students aware of expected behaviour on all trips, on the bus, and at all activities. Holds students accountable for their
• Refer serious breaches of boarding rules to the member of boarding staff in charge or Head of Boarding
• In the event of an evacuation, assist in coordinating the safe evacuation of students to the designated evacuation area
• Assist with the day-to-day routines, supervision, and duties
• Engage with the students in conversation to form positive relationships with them
• Receive incoming calls from parents and respond to requests as required
• Communicate with parents if the need arises
• Manage the boarding duty office area, answering phones, administration, reporting maintenance of the houses and dealing with
visitors to the Boarding houses
• Manage the boarding duty phone
• Coordinate with the boarding administration assistant to find out number of students on campus during the weekend and exact travel arrangements Notifies relevant parties as to student numbers
• Liaise with external providers to ensure weekend trips are run efficiently
• Pick up weekend money from Finance and distributes it to those staff members needing funds for activities. Collect receipts, keeps track of monies spent, and submits remainder of money to the Head of Boarding
• Work closely and communicates with the Facilities Team, Transportation, Food Services, and the Medical Team regarding all excursions
• Liaise with staff on duty about the care and support of students
• Liaise with nurse or Matron for medical matters
• Prepare a full handover report at the end of each weekend for the Head of Boarding and Deputy Head of Boarding.
• Knowledge of obligations in relation to National Child Protection Policy in Educational Institutes in United Arab Emirates
• Understanding of the Boarding Schools Association National Minimum Standards
• Maintain an awareness of current practices in areas relevant to this position and critically assess processes and activities,
identify opportunities for improvement in service, efficiency, and effectiveness, and implement as appropriate
Educated to A Level or BTEC
Experiences and Competencies
• A positive, flexible, ‘can do’ work ethic
• Ability to form positive relationships with students and encourage them with their sports/cultural activities, their academics and
• Be enthusiastic, patient and empathetic when working with children and young people who come from a diverse range of cultures.
• Have confident and warm communication skills.
• Willing to learn and use restorative principles in all interactions with students, staff and parents.
• Have good organisational and administrative skills
• Be a team player who demonstrates maturity and professionalism
• Have a commitment to ensuring high standards of care and support
• Strong collaboration skills to foster partnerships with children and young people and parents
• An ability to work with a range of people with the aim of ensuring the safety and welfare of children and young people
• Commitment to ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people
• Excellent standards of personal presentation.
• Enjoyment of working in a positive, collaborative team environment with the values of honesty, integrity, and mutual support at the
• An enthusiasm for engaging with diverse cultures tempered only with high levels of patience and adaptability
• Inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills.
Closing date: Ongoing
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
• Cover letter of one page, explaining your strengths as a candidate and why you are interested in this position
• Current CV not to exceed two pages
• 3 professional references with current contact details (position, phone number and e-mail address) not older than 5 years. One must
be your current or last Line Manager
Please send your application to: email@example.com
Due to the expected volume of applications, we will only contact those applicants that are shortlisted for interview.
We are committed to providing a safe and happy environment for all our employees and in which our students can thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our employees and students. All employees are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both country of residence/home country and any other country of residence and Barring & Prohibition checks.