Do you want to work with highly motivated students in what we think is the UK’s top genuinely all-ability co-educational comprehensive state boarding school?
We are seeking a vibrant, caring individual to join our Boarding Team as a Resident Houseparent.
Varied and all-encompassing, the role involves a wide range of duties, ranging from tending boarders who are unwell to accompanying them on excursions. Members of the Boarding Team play a vital role in supporting the spiritual and emotional welfare of our students.
The successful candidate should:
· Have experience of working in a boarding school
· Have a positive and sympathetic approach to children
· Have experience of working as part of a team
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Be mindful and respectful of students with diverse cultural backgrounds
· Hold a valid driving licence
In return we can offer:
- Meals when on duty
- Use of the school’s fitness suite
- Professional development and career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme and Well being initiatives
We pride ourselves on being a happy community where students can grow to reach their full potential, both academically and socially
St George’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require a Full Enhanced , with List Checks, Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS)
We are required to conduct online searches about all candidates as part of the shortlisting process, in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, in order to identify any incidents or concerns which are publicly available online. By submitting and signing your application, you acknowledge that such searches will be conducted as part of the shortlisting process.
If you wish to apply for this role please see the Vacancies section of our school website: https://www.stgeorges.herts.sch.uk/ or email Trevyn Holland at email@example.com