Senior House Parent – Boys Boarding
Line Manager: Head of Boarding
Start Date: 8th, January 2023
Closing Date for Applications: December 31st, 2022
St George’s International School is seeking to appoint a Senior House Parent to join us on January 8th, 2023 on an Indeterminate contract.
“Inspiring Academic Excellence Across 5 Continents”
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non- denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 3 months to 18 yrs.
Inspired offers a fresh and contemporary approach to education by re-evaluating traditional teaching methods and curriculums, and creating a more dynamic, relevant and powerful model reflecting current attitudes. We nurture the unique individuality, talent and self-assurance of each student, equipping them to take on the world with the skills and confidence to ensure success.
Our current portfolio of 70+ schools currently operates across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America, with quick ongoing expansion foreseen. The group has grown exponentially since its founding 7 years ago and offers a unique opportunity to join a connected global community obsessed with a dedication to excellence.
We take great care when selecting new colleagues to join Inspired Education and hand pick every single role. We believe true excellence in education is only achieved through an inspiring and passionate team with whom are dedicated to supporting our schools to recruit and retain students by sustaining engaging and inspiring learning environments through our 3 pillars of: Performing and Creative Arts; Academics and Sport.
Professionalism, responsive teaching, specialist knowledge, strong planning, excellent qualifications and an outstanding personal reputation, are just few of the core requirements we look for when recruiting Inspired teaching staff.
For more information about us, please visit Inspired Schools – Premium Private Education (inspirededu.com)
St George’s International School is a co-educational, independent school, accredited by CIS and located at the foot of the mountains and at the doorstep of the lake, the school offers a unique school setting at the heart of the Swiss Riviera with an extraordinary workplace environment.
Around 400 students between the ages of 18 months and 18 years are registered here (day students and boarders from age 10+ coming from more than 60 nationalities). Children are recognized as individuals with unique skills to celebrate and given tailored support and guidance at each stage of their school career. Our structure of Early Learning School, Junior School, Middle School and Senior School means that every year group works with professionals who specialize and enjoy working with the students in their care.
The unique St George’s philosophy and our formula for success are based to a large degree on the quality and depth of our International curricula (Dimensions, Cambridge Lower, IGCSE & IB Diploma), cultural and sporting activities and especially our dynamic and creative teaching staff, fully recognizing that what goes on in the classroom between teacher and student strongly influences the success of the school.
“Be at the forefront of International Education”
When you join Inspired, you don’t just join a business. You become part of a unique global community of passionate professionals, with unrivalled access to extensive guidance, support and advice all focused on creating a culture of excellence in education.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find anywhere;
- Excellent resources;
- Excellent professional development within the Inspired group and a global network of over 70 schools to learn alongside;
- At the leading edge of independent school thinking;
- A culture of excellence;
- Network of opportunities;
- Competitive package;
- Lunches at the canteen offered to employees every day;
- Our campus is located at the foot of the mountains and at the gateway to the lake and offers a unique school setting in the heart of the French Riviera.
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
St. George’s International School is seeking to appoint a Senior House Parent to join our dedicated boarding team in January 2023 to supervise the boys’ house. The role is a non-teaching, residential post with accommodation provided.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a boarding professional with a strong background in pastoral care and safeguarding to contribute to our boarding programme. The ability to understand and enjoy multi-culturalism is a key requirement of this post.
The Senior House Parent role is vital in ensuring the wellbeing of all the boarders at school, by fostering a warm, homely, supportive and caring environment for the students in which all boarders are able to flourish.
In general, Senior House Parent is responsible for the following:
- House (boy/girl);
- Provide pastoral care of boarders. Support pupils’ emotional, cultural and intellectual development.
- Support students as they settle into school life.
- Adhere to the principles of discretion, confidentiality and information sharing.
- Organize and attend social activities for students such as games evenings and birthday events.
- Be a strong presence in the boarding house during duty times.
- Assist in maintaining high levels of discipline, behaviour, manners and courtesy.
- Support and promote house policies and procedures.
- Work with the team to deliver a purposeful enrichment programme for the weekends.
- Establish good communication with all parents.
- Maintain detailed student records with particular attention to confidentiality, privacy, sensitivity.
- Liaise with the school regarding relevant information about boarders.
- Keep boarders healthy and safe, in line with the school policies.
- Maintain close liaison with the school nurse regarding pupils, medical protocols and provision.
- Be resilient and have a good sense of humour.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual responsibility undertaken may not be identified. The duties outlined above are not intended as a restrictive list and may be extended or altered to include other tasks that are commensurate with the role as directed Senior Management.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
|Skills and previous experience
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Boarding school
· Ability to understand and enjoy multi culturalism
· IT skills (MS Office)
· Previous experience in a high-performing international school
|Qualifications and Accreditations
· Educated to degree level
· Clean and full driving licence
· Appropriate right to work in Switzerland
· NQTS or equivalent
· Degree in Education
· Minibus driving experience
|Personal Competencies and Attributes
· Strong organizational skills, high expectations and an eye for detail
· Enthusiastic, motivating and caring
· Resilient, proactive, calm & flexible
· Suitability to work with children
· English speaker (C2)
· Team player
· Sense of humour
· Proficiency in French (B2) and/or other languages
· Broad range of interests
HOW TO APPLY
- Send an application file (CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review and shortlist of applications, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Interview with the Head of Boarding & the Principal
Due to the current COVID environment, interviews are likely to take place via MS Teams or another virtual platform.
All applicants will be expected to provide some if not all of the following (i) a supporting statement clearly outlining why they are interested in the position and school (ii) a CV with their details and history of employment and achievements (iii) at least two referees from a recent/current appointment
Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence