Team building can improve communication between employees and improve employees’ ability to work together. Better communication between employees can increase your organizations’ efficiency and productivity. By building a strong team, your employees will also feel a sense of belonging and loyalty to the business. Teams can also help drive innovation, by aiding interaction and cooperation between employees. You can motivate your employee’s team building by providing opportunities for employee’s to work together and by empowering employees to improve their skills and abilities.
- Set out a vision for your business and ask your staff to contribute. Involve employee’s in your medium and long-term business planning. This can motivate them to work together to achieve a shared goal.
- Have groups work together to overcome an obstacle. Challenge teams to improve service or sales by a certain amount, or to save a certain amount of money in their team budget. Send teams on an away day involving a physical challenge, such as whitewater rafting, to help them bond and learn to work together.
- Empower your employees to work together by providing appropriate training and advancement opportunities. Ensure that teams have enough resources and skills to solve problems and come up with innovative ideas.
- Encourage discussion and debate within teams by fostering the idea that there are no bad ideas. Give everyone a chance to contribute, even those on a lower level in the company. Have a contest for the team that can come up with the best idea in their field — such as the best new product or sales technique.
- Hold regular assessments and give positive reinforcement and feedback where possible. Encourage teams to identify areas that need improvement for themselves, rather than dictating what needs to be done. Use 360 degree reviews to allow team members to review each other and their leaders.