- Date: February 07, 2023
- Time: 10:30 – 11:30
- Cost: TIOB Member Rate – £65, Non-member Rate – £130
- Audience: All boarding staff
- Platform: Zoom (online) – webinar
Our webinar is designed to equip all boarding staff with the necessary skills and strategies to establish and maintain positive relationships with boarding school parents. Delegates will learn effective communication techniques, methods to enhance parent engagement, and strategies for resolving conflicts and addressing challenging situations. We will also consider how best to work with international parents and those who live abroad.
Training topics will include:
- Unique characteristics and expectations of boarding school parents
- Potential challenges and misconceptions
- Adapting communication channels and styles to suit different parents’ needs and preferences
- Engagement and participation
- Collaborative problem-solving.
- Develop effective communication with boarding parents
- Enhance parental engagement and involvement
- Resolve conflicts and address challenging situations.
Lee Glaser, Director, Hieda and Group Services Director, BSA Group
Lee has extensive experience in pastoral care. Prior to becoming Headmaster and CEO at Taunton School in Somerset he was the School’s Deputy Head which involved leading the pastoral team and being the Designated Safeguarding Lead. Outstanding support for student and staff wellbeing has always been at the heart of his approach and the School was recently shortlisted for a TES Award for excellence in this area.
Lee has always worked closely with the School’s medical team which provided excellent support to the community, particularly during the COVID pandemic. He is excited to be supporting HIEDA members in delivering the highest quality of care in their own environments.