Permanent, Full Time
Term Time + 2 Weeks (40 weeks)
Salary: Support Scale F £19,328 – £21,340 per annum (£22,571 – £24,920 Full Time Equivalent)
Starting November 2022
Hethersett Academy is looking for an outstanding Assistant Head of Year to help our students achieve even more.
The successful candidate will have an unshakable belief in every student’s entitlement to the highest quality education and ability to achieve and learn, whatever their personal circumstances. Hethersett Academy takes the pastoral care of our students very seriously and we know it is the cornerstone of allowing them to learn in a well ordered and supportive environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- implement our school ethos in all we do and help children to the same
- the ability to engage positively with, and build working relationships with, a wide range of young people and their families
- the ability to encourage positive and respectful student behaviour
- an awareness of de-escalation procedures
- the ability to work effectively as part of a team, with teaching staff and outside agencies
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- a willingness to manage their own time effectively, work flexibly and use their own initiative
This role will involve working in an environment with challenging students and some complex safeguarding cases and, as such, experience in this field would be advantageous.
We are part of the Inspiration Trust, twice ranked as the country’s top family of comprehensive schools for pupil progress, and strongly believe in the importance of giving the widest educational opportunities to all young people, regardless of their background. We have strong networks across the Trust, with opportunities to work with a diverse range of schools and partners. We are committed to offering excellent professional and learning opportunities for our staff, with a busy programme of continuing professional development courses delivered by some of the country’s best educational thinkers and practitioners.
To apply for this role click the button on this page to complete the online application form.
Closing date for applications: 12pm on 31st October 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 8th November 2022