We are now looking to appoint a part time Assistant House Parent to support one of our three boarding houses.
Saint Felix School is an independent co-educational day and boarding school for children aged from 2 – 19, located close to the glorious seaside town of Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Our aim is to develop well-rounded students with the skills and the personality to make a success of their lives during and after their school years.
Academic excellence is central to life at Saint Felix School and we encourage all pupils to aspire to the highest possible standards and to exceed their expectations. Our success is demonstrated by impressive examination results at GCSE and A Level. The vast majority of our leavers go on to Higher Education.
We place great emphasis on the value of Sport, Music and the Arts for the teamwork, self-motivation and discipline they instil, and encourage pupils to explore their individual talents. Boarding is at the heart of the school and all full-time members of staff are expected to contribute to the wider life of the school through involvement in the tutoring system and in activities outside the classroom. Our facilities include a full equestrian cross-country course and a purpose-built 25m swimming and sports complex.
To apply for our Assistant House Parent You don’t need to have experience of boarding schools, but you will need the experience of working or caring for children, be empathetic to their needs and provide a safe and welcoming environment that supports their ability to learn
Key Responsibilities include:
- To be responsible, in conjunction with other House Parents, for the care, supervision, cleanliness and presentation of pupils in your care.
- Play an active role in activity programme, supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Assisting with extra-curricular activities.
- Supporting students during study time.
- To provide a sympathetic presence in the House; to liaise closely with House and other staff concerning the progress and welfare of students.
- Build positive, professional relationships with pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- Some experience, and motivation, to work or care for children.
- Educated to a GCSE level including English and Mathematics.
- Carry out instructions safely and carefully.
- Communicate in a professional manner with other staff and students.
- Ability to work with initiative and without direct supervision when required.
- To have a clear understanding of the statement of national minimum standards for boarding schools (NMS) and an awareness of safeguarding, or child protection. We can provide training if required.
Staff at Saint Felix actively participate in and make a significant contribution to the wider school life throughout the year. This is a fantastic opportunity, you will be joining a school that comprises of passionate staff and hardworking pupils. You will be welcomed by all and become part of the family feel school.
Saint Felix School is part of the Inspired Learning Group of schools, staff at Saint Felix benefit from;
- Competitive Salary, with annual reviews
- Access to on site accommodation and board.
- Childcare fee discount
- Pension scheme
- Health plan that provides significant coverage such as optical, dental, dental accident, chiropody, therapy treatments and health club concession. Access to Doctor line from anywhere in the world, scanning such as MRI, CT and PET scan
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Westfield rewards (discounts from various high street and online outlets).
We look forward to your application, all applicants will be considered and contacted. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the date advertised. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, as applications are received.
Saint Felix School is totally committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, as all new staff will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, identity checks, qualification checks and employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps within employment, two satisfactory references and registration with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25.5 per week
Salary: £11,000.00 per year
- Gym membership
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Southwold: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Spinal Injury: 1 year (preferred)
- Support Worker: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 01/02/2023
Click here to apply.