We are seeking an enthusiastic College Administrator to join our friendly team. You will work across several administrative operational areas of the school, including covering for 2 hours per day, 4 days a week, and 1 full day on the main reception desk. Delivering a high quality reception and administrative services for our visitors, staff and students and provide a welcoming and efficient administrative service to help ensure the smooth running of the college.
Abbey College Cambridge is one of the best sixth form colleges for international students in the UK. We specialise in helping students from across the world achieve the personal, social and academic growth needed to succeed at the UK’s best universities.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
· Spend 2 hours per day and all day Wednesday on the main reception desk providing cover (and provide holiday cover) . This will involve greeting visitors, dealing with students’ enquiries, handling post and deliveries and various other front line reception tasks.
· Sending out communication to new students pre enrolment
· Running reports and checking data
· Chasing documents from parents
· Filing documents electronically
· Assist with student induction programme –copying, scanning, and filing documents electronically
· Create student bank letters
· Support with administration of student files to keep them to UKVI standard
· Act as cover for the Finance team in terms of placing orders, processing invoices and updating spreadsheets.
· Scanning and filing documents
· Assisting with administration within the recruitment process
Qualifications and Experience
You will hold 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications with English at level 4/5 (C), be competent in the use of ICT, particularly the use of MS Word, Outlook and Excel. Ideally you will have a working knowledge of record keeping and data protection. You will have excellent verbal and written English and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships. Previous experience working in an education or busy office environment is desirable.
£22,500 – £25,000 per annum full time equivalent dependent on experience.
8.30am to 5pm Mon-Fri all year around (we will consider alternative working patterns or hours with a minimum of 30 hours per week between the hours of 08:00 and 17:30, Monday to Friday or term time plus basis working a minimum of 37 weeks per year, 35 weeks during term time, plus a week before the academic year starts and a week after academic year ends)
- 5.6 weeks annual leave (deemed to be taken out of term time)
- Employee assistance programme
- Sports groups and free on site gym facilities
- Group personal pension plan, 7% employer contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted school fees
- Regular social events
Abbey DLD Colleges Ltd (ADCL)
Abbey College Cambridge is a constituent college of Abbey DLD Colleges Ltd (ADCL). ADCL consists of three award-winning independent international colleges based in London, Cambridge, and Manchester. With over 1000 students from over 50 different countries, ADCL provides an outstanding global environment for students striving for top universities. We are committed to providing the best education for all students in our care, and our colleges have high aspirations and expectations for every member of our community.
The college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. All staff are trained in child protection and understand to report concerns by following the safeguarding policies. We ensure all candidates are properly police-checked, and the successful candidate will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.
Please click the link below for further information on employing Ex-Offenders:
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
How to Apply
Please visit College Administrator, Cambridgeshire – Tes Jobs and read the attached Applicant Information Pack to access full details about the position and to apply. Please complete the application in full including a full education and career history and a detailed statement explaining why you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this position.