We are seeking an exceptional and compassionate individual to serve as our Head of Boarding, responsible for overseeing and enhancing the residential life experience of our students.
As the Head of Boarding, you will play a pivotal role in creating a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment for our boarding students, who can join us from year 7. This is a live-in role.
About Beechwood School
Beechwood School is a co-educational independent day and boarding school for children aged 3-18 years old.
The children at Beechwood are at the heart of everything that we do. Their enthusiasm and passion are nurtured by a dedicated team of teachers who inspire students to give their very best both in and outside the classroom, at school and at home.
Our boarding house is home to both domestic and international students from Hong Kong, France, Spain, Thailand, Ukraine, China, Germany and more.
About the Role and You
Contract type: Full-time, permanent, 42 hours a week, term time only, shift work and occasional weekends
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: January 2024
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To act ‘in loco parents’ to all pupils in our Boarding Houses and ensure that the health and safety, happiness and well-being of every pupil is given the upmost attention and importance.
- Keep close contact with parents and guardians to ensure that they are kept fully informed.
- Creating a caring and welcoming environment within the Boarding Houses.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds Qualified Teacher Status.
- Has a valid UK driving license.
- Has experience teaching and working within a boarding environment.
- Is First Aid trained (desirable).
We are also looking for someone who is:
- Approachable and friendly.
- Able to stay calm under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable.
What can we offer you?
- Refer a friend scheme
- Wellness programme
- Access to life assurance
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- All meals provided
- Free accommodation
If this role aligns with your skill set and aspirations, we encourage you to apply!
We look forward to welcoming you to Beechwood School!
Beechwood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for ALL jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level, costs are covered by the company. This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020.