The Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz is an international boarding school with a history stretching back over 120 years, located near St. Moritz in the heart of the scenic Engadin valley (Switzerland). 220 boarders from around the world and 110 local day students study at our school for the Swiss Matura, the iGCSE, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) and the International Baccalaureate Career-Related Programme (IBCP). The school philosophy is founded on respect for tradition combined with innovative thinking and emphasizes values such as respect, openness, responsibility, engagement, inquiry, critical thinking, creativity and balance.
We are now recruiting for the position of
Head of Junior Boys’ Boarding House
Start date: 15 August 2023
Workload: 80% – 100%
EU/EFTA citizenship is required
This residential position would suit a candidate who enjoys the challenge of working with bright and inquisitive students from all over the world (aged 13-16, Grade 7-10).
The ideal candidate would have experience of international boarding and would bring a proven record of outstanding pastoral care as well as the ability to lead a team. This is an important role within our pastoral team, working closely with the other Heads of House, House Tutors and Head of Boarding to create a welcoming, supportive and encouraging environment for our boys. Key to the role is to promote the welfare of all students and staff in the Boarding House including safeguarding, health and safety and enrichment activities.
It is essential that applicants possess strong organisational and communication skills to manage the day-to-day running of the Boarding House and to support the academic and extra-curricular programmes of the students.
- Manage all aspects of the running of the boarding house.
- Take overall responsibility for the boarding house, and for the pastoral guidance and support of boarders.
- Create a safe, well-ordered, warm, and friendly environment with pupil welfare at the centre.
- Communicate professionally with parents and all stakeholders at the school.
- Lead a team of boarding house staff, co-ordinating rotas, and ensuring the provision of high levels of care.
- Maintain detailed students records with particular attention to confidentiality, privacy, and sensitivity.
- Ensure that high levels of discipline and behaviour are met, in line with the school rules.
- Ensure school policies are implemented consistently.
- Support boarders in their academic and co-curricular activities.
- Organise and actively contribute to boarding activities in the evenings and at weekends.
- Ensure safeguarding practises are always upheld.
- Bachelor’s or other degree in the social, pedagogical and/or psychological field
- 3-5 years of working experience
- High levels of social competence and empathy
- Strong communicative skills and strong sense of responsibility
- Leadership qualities and ability to work in a team
- Teacher experience is desirable but not essential.
- Attractive conditions of employment, including competitive salary
- A dynamic international context in the spectacular alpine setting of the Engadin
- Opportunities for professional development.
Lyceum Alpinum Zuoz is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to thorough background checks.
We look forward to receiving your application using the online form on our website: