OIC is a GCSE and A-level college teaching extremely ambitions students-most are from overseas and aiming to get into British Universities.
OIC is seeking a dedicated and responsible House Parent to provide excellent care for boarders at Oxford International College whilst leading and managing an individual boarding house in accordance with the current minimum Ofsted Framework (SCIFF) and the National Minimum Standards for boarding Schools (5 Sept 2022).
• Head of Boarding
Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide a safe and homely day-to-day environment of care for boarders in their house and to safeguard their welfare.
- To be aware of and comply with current health and safety, safeguarding and child protection legislation and procedures, and to uphold the school’s policy on child protection.
- Ensure daily registrations are carried out effectively and according to school policy. Any absences immediately tracked down and accounted for.
- To help ensure boarding staff, parents and students understand the aims and objectives of boarding in the House and the principles on which community life in the house is based.
- Develop within the students a sense of collective responsibility and sensitivity for the wellbeing of others, encouraging support and help for each other as appropriate.
- To be in residence for 48 hours prior to an after the end of term to oversee the preparation and closing. of the boarding house.
- You will need a flexible approach to your duties, overnight and weekend supervision will be required and a willingness to muck in’. This is not a post for someone who counts working hours but has the potential of being both a challenging and rewarding role.
- To be available for boarding tours in the absence of the Head of Boarding.
Start date: ASAP
The deadline for applications: 30th November 2023
Applicants should read our job description in detail before applying. To apply, we require a copy of your CV, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a completed application form and a covering email explaining why you feel you’d be right for the role.
Please visit our website www.oxcoll.com for a job description and application form.
Oxford International College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such, successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check and provide two referees.