Telephone: +49 (0)33 203 80 36-0
BBIS Berlin Brandenburg International School is an independent day and boarding school serving the internationally-minded community of Germany’s capital region and beyond. As one of the world’s leading International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, BBIS proudly offers three IB programmes in the Primary, Middle and Diploma years of schooling. In the current school year 2022/23 our school teaches about 810 students who represent more than 65 nationalities.
BBIS has an opening for a Live-In Boarding Mentor (f/m/d). This position is similar to that of a housemistress/master, senior house parent, dorm parent, resident assistant and is a non-teaching position.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Assisting with a system of support, monitoring, evaluation and progression of all matters concerning boarding students
- Sustaining and developing the boarding activities, events and trip programme and supporting other boarding staff with event planning and leading activities
- Taking responsibility for the safety, security, behaviour and welfare of the boarders, when on duty
- Mentoring students, recording conversations, contacting parents and supervising visitors
- Any other duties to ensure the safe and secure operation of boarding at BBIS
- A commitment to the welfare and development of young people
- A passion for education and young people
- Experience in working with young people, preferably in a residential setting
- University degree
- A creative mindset and enthusiastic attitude
- Passion about intercultural exchange and education
- Understand the demands of boarding school life and have the ability to maintain the professional framework of a boarding environment
- Initiative and willingness to work in an ambitious and dynamic community
PERKS – MORE THAN JUST A JOB
- Have an impact. With professional competence and enthusiasm, we are improving day by day the educational level, and you too can have an impact on this ride
- Use our professional training to prepare you optimally for your tasks
- Push boundaries. Everyone is equally important and works together on uncharted challenges alongside inspiring colleagues from all over the world
- Fun at work and beyond. Join our team events – there’s always something to celebrate! Or use our fitness offers to get balanced
- Feel at home. Enjoy our green campus, our relocation service and the international open-minded community
Please review our website or our YouTube channel and then apply with a letter, CV, and full contact details of three referees including current headteacher, using the following application form. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a thorough background/police check.