Bishopstrow College is seeking to appoint a full time Houseparent from June or September 2023
We are looking for well rounded and enthusiastic individuals, who can offer a range of skills in areas such as sports and activities (including art, drama etc.). The position is be orientated to the strengths and interests of the candidates wherever possible and designed to help to foster their career progression. The role offers both a rich insight into life at a boarding school as well as opportunities to develop and learn core pastoral skills and skills in planning and delivering sports and activity sessions.
The role would suit those who already have experience working in a Boarding role and are looking to progress their career in this area.
The Houseparent reports to the Head of Boarding and Deputy Head of Boarding and is part of the College’s residential boarding team, which also includes Boarding Tutors and the Head of Sport.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following list indicates the main areas of responsibility and involvement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and care for the international boarding students who attend the College.
- Take an active role in ensuring students’ welfare and happiness.
- Implement the College’s Health & Safety and Risk Assessment procedures for allocated activities.
- Support the Head of Boarding and the Deputy Head of Boarding by demonstrating experience through autonomy, initiative and actions, ideas and solutions
- Stand in for the Head of Boarding when required
All College staff are expected to:
- Support and contribute to the College’s responsibility for safeguarding students.
- Work towards and support the College vision and objectives.
- Carry out the work of the College to the best of their ability, displaying initiative and enthusiasm
- Support colleagues and their work.
- Work within the College’s Health and Safety Policy to ensure a safe working environment for all staff, students and visitors.
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive courteous relations with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Adhere to College policies.
- Undertake continuing professional development training. This must be discussed with the Principal prior to acceptance to any course.
The closing date for applications is 7th May 2023
For more information about this role, or if you would like to apply please visit our website www.bishopstrow.com/about-us/current-vacancies/ or email email@example.com