Job Description


As Assistant House Parent you will be a presence in boarding helping to lead the supervision, safety and welfare of all boarding students in the afternoons and evenings. You will work with the Head of Boarding or Assistant Head of Boarding to manage efficiently the organisation and resources of the Boarding department, providing for the safety, good discipline and pastoral well-being of all boarding pupils conducive to learning and growth.


To be available for the boarding pupils five days out of seven during term time, working from 3pm through to 11pm, based at school and at the boarding houses to assist in the general welfare and personal development of all the boarders.
To advise and update the Head of Boarding or Assistant Head of Boarding on all matters relating to the pupils in your care.
To create a ‘home away from home’ experience for all boarders.
To get to know each of the boarders as individuals.
To be on call to support any situation that may arise within the boarding houses, at any time.
To be a positive member of the wider School Community, always promoting the highest professional standards.


The Hammond is the North West’s leading provider of performing arts education and the UK’s oldest vocational dance school. Here at The Hammond, we are passionate about providing the best possible vocational training in dance, drama, acting and music, alongside an enriching academic curriculum. Our boarding puplils live offsite in Chester town centre, a short 10 minute journey from the main school site.

Hours of Work

Working five days out of seven, (will include weekend days) 3pm to 11pm, during term time only, 38 week per year. Weekends will vary depending on School activities but will always include one full weekend off her per half term (Exeat). Plus 5 inset days training per year.

This is a non-residential position.

If you would like any further information please do contact us on 01244 305350 or to discuss further.

We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications. To formally apply please complete an application form and equal opps form and return to