Closing Date: 31 August 2022
Telephone: 01423 537019
Salary: On application
Employment Term: Full Time/Temporary
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Lacrosse player to assist with the smooth running of the PE Departments including: delivering lacrosse and other sports lessons, coaching, running teams, assisting with fixtures, officiating, administration duties, accompanying teams on fixtures and any other reasonable requests. The Lacrosse Assistant will also provide assistance to the Boarding Houses as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for those with Lacrosse experience who are thinking of undertaking a PGCE course or working with children in some other capacity in the future, or for graduates who wish to gain work experience in a school environment.
You will also assist the Boarding team with some duties as reasonably required.
Accommodation is provided on-site in a House with the Language Assistants and other Gap Year Assistants. Meals are provided during term-time when the kitchens are open.
To assist with the smooth running of the PE Department including: delivering lacrosse lessons, coaching, running teams, assisting with fixtures, officiating, administration duties, accompanying teams on fixtures and any other reasonable requests. The Lacrosse Assistant will also provide assistance to the Boarding Houses as required.
- To coach pupils in PE and games lessons throughout the year for pupils of all ages and abilities in both Primary and Secondary, mainly teaching lacrosse with the potential to teach other sports.
- To support the PE department with the day-to-day routines of the school day.
- To assist with before, during and after school sessions.
- To officiate school fixtures.
- To select, manage and accompany teams to various school sporting events/fixtures throughout the week, on a Saturday and occasional Sundays.
- To promote professional standards of punctuality, discipline and sportsmanship with all pupils, taking appropriate action where necessary.
- To assist the Head of College Sport with administration tasks as required.
- To maintain the sports equipment to a high quality and help ensure that areas are left tidy and in good condition. This will include setting up equipment in preparation for lessons, coaching and fixtures and clearing away at the end of lessons.
- To assist in the development of resources and share best practice with colleagues.
- To assist in the boarding houses as agreed with the Head of Boarding;
- To model and promote positive behaviour, work ethic and attitudes among all pupils.
Skills and Knowledge
- Lacrosse experience is essential.
- A skilled all round sportsperson
- Strong communication skills
- Keen, willing and eager to learn
- Adaptable to change (e.g. in timetables)
- Highly organised
- Articulate and well presented
- Team focussed
- Ideally educated to degree level although this is not essential if coming to the UK as a gap year after school.
Closing date: Open for applications until the position is filled.
To apply: By the School’s application form, available from:
Before completing the School’s application form, applicants should read the School’s Staff Privacy notice which details how the School will process their personal data for recruitment purposes, and beyond, if they are recruited.
Mrs Lucy Condon
Harrogate Ladies’ College
Clarence Drive, Harrogate,
North Yorkshire, HG1 2QG
Tel: (01423) 504543
Harrogate Ladies’ College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will not be allowed to start in school until all pre-employment checks have been completed satisfactorily. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. The School is an educational charity and equal opportunities employer.