Whanganui Collegiate School is an Anglican coeducational school in Whanganui, New Zealand which has been providing first-class education for 168 years.
The Residential Tutors are live-in positions within our 7-day Boarding Houses which provide additional support to our unique House System.
The Residential Tutor supports the House by working as a tutor and supporting the House ethos.
The duties of the Residential Tutors may include but are not limited to:
- To assist in the residential care of the house
- To assist with sports practices and to coach or manage junior teams
- To help with cultural events – drama productions, debating, music activities
- To assist in our extensive outdoor education program
- To assist individual students in the classroom (the Residential Tutor will not be asked to supervise classes alone)
- Administrative tasks
- To attend School functions and to assist as required
This may well suit a recent university graduate from all faculties who wish to spend an enriching time working as a tutor.
The package includes:
- Accommodation and food provided
- Utilities provided
This position is fixed-term term time only for either a 6- or 12-month term.
Start Date: Friday 27 January 2023 or July 2023
End Date: Early July 2023 or July 2024
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a covering letter, cv and submit the online application form.
TO REQUEST A LINK TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Phone: (06) 349 0210
Applications close 12 noon Monday 26 November 2023.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and be suitable for working in a school environment as Police Vetting will be carried out in accordance with the Children’s Act 2014.