- Date: November 27, 2023
- Time: 13:00 – 14:00
- Cost: Member Rate – £65, Non-member Rate – £130
- Audience: All aspiring to Senior Leadership
- Platform: Zoom (online) – webinar
Boarding staff can do it all! With many TIOB members on the cusp of Senior Leadership, it can be interesting to consider different types of senior positions, and in particular whether one is best suited to academic or pastoral leadership. Our webinar will explore these two pathways and consider relevant attributes and training. The session will enable delegates to make better informed decisions about the next step in their leadership journey.
- Line management
- Common and different priorities
- Skills and attributes
- Transferrable skills from boarding
- Better understanding of the opportunities and pressures of academic and pastoral leadership
- What makes for a good academic and pastoral leader
- How best to market and use skills gained in boarding
Simon Smith, Deputy Head (Academic), Tudor Hall
Simon Smith started his teaching career in Mid-Sussex working at first Hurstpierpoint College and then Worth, where he was Head of History and Director of Academic Administration before moving to Haileybury as Deputy Head (Academic). After a period of Headship in North Wales Simon returned to the South-East to become the Assistant Head (Pastoral) and DSL at Farringtons School before moving to his current role as Deputy Head (Academic) at Tudor Hall in Oxfordshire. Simon is also a Trustee of Bede’s, East Sussex and Chairs their Foundation Development Board. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and a sometimes keen marathon runner.